Sima del Diablo Gorge
Located in the lower part of the Júzcar river, up to where it joins with the Genal River, this gorge has flowing water all year round. The journeys to and from this gorge are both short and quite easy. The riverbed is sparse of vegetation following the last torrential rains. We will need to abseil various sections of the descent which will allow us to practice different techniques. The gorge has plenty of natural light making it an ideal place to take photographs. We will also have the opportunity to pass by ancient constructions that used water power such as mills and the Royal Arms Factory which has now been restored for other uses. We will finish our journey next to the cars and if you behave, we will give you a small present.
- Difficulty: Medium to Low.
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Distance: Approximately 4 kilometres
- Included: Monitors and all necessary approved safety equipment. A gorge kit bag and a waterproof bag (one per 3 or 4 people). Neoprene suits and boots. Energy bars. Support vehicle. All necessary insurance. Permits and passes. Photographs. VAT.
- What you need to bring Sports shoes (preferably mountain/walking boots), swimwear, 15 litres of water or isotonic drink, dry fruit snacks or chocolate, sandwiches. Change of clothes and dry shoes (change after descending the gorge). It is recommended that you bring sun block or protection particularly for the hike.
- Requirements: Ability to swim (other than summer months), minimum age of 12 years
Meeting point Meeting point is the La Ventilla restaurant next to the petrol station of the same name on the Ronda road.
Ver la localización del punto de encuentro de Sima del Diablo en un mapa más grande