The Garganta verde
In the heart of the Sierra de Grazalema National Park Reserve, this gorge offers two differing views of the same place; one of flowing water during the rainy season and the other, totally arid during the summer months. This is an ideal place for beginners to get started in this exciting sport.
After some 45 minutes following a visually stunning track we descend 250 metres to reach the river bed. To arrive at the Cueva de la Ermita cave, from where we will descend, we need to advance 100m along the rocky riverbed.
From here on in we will encounter areas of huge rocks and narrow passages which we will abseil down and if there is sufficient water by jumping or sliding down natural water slides and pools full of water.
The mountain invites us to discover its hidden secrets and to cross its impressive 400 metre deep ravine. It’s a marvellous experience where nature indulges us with its forms, lights and colours.
Our monitors are highly qualified and experienced to accompany you on this marvellous journey through one of the most beautiful natural gorges in Andalucía.
- Difficulty: Medium to Low.
- Duration: 6 to 7 hours
- Distance: Approximately 4.5 kilometres
- Included: Monitors and all necessary approved safety equipment. A gorge kit bag and a waterproof bag (one per 3 or 4 people). Neoprene suits and boots. Energy bars. Support vehicle. All necessary insurance. Permits and passes. Photographs. VAT.
- What you need to bring Sports shoes (preferably mountain/walking boots), swimwear, 15 litres of water or isotonic drink, dry fruit snacks or chocolate, sandwiches. Change of clothes and dry shoes (change after descending the gorge). It is recommended that you bring sun block or protection particularly for the hike.
- Requirements: Ability to swim (other than summer months), minimum age of 12 years
Meeting point Meeting point is the car park at the entrance to Zahara de la Sierra opposite the Restaurante Al Lago. A few metres further ahead there is an exercise park for the elderly.
Ver la localización de Punto de encuentro Garganta Verde en un mapa más grande